Monday, April 18

Case of the Mondays.

After starting this blog, I soon realized how difficult it is to keep it updated. Which is why I’ve become so obsessed with Twitter. It allows me to whip up quick, pointless updates that no one really cares about in fewer than 140 words. I love it! Unlike Facebook where constant updates can actually get extremely annoying; that's the whole point of Twitter! Anyway, I do plan on updating much more in the summer once I am no longer a slave to the books.

Because I’ve been so undecided on what the focus of my blog would be, I’ve decided to keep it relatively general. My first post was all about the places I plan on someday traveling to. On a day like today, day dreaming about the future can either be an instant pick-me-up or make you want to pull your hair out. The reason for my turbo-bitch mood today has been a combination of several things. A little pms, the annoying, indecisive weather, and school that seems to be dragging on for months is undoubtedly going to get to me. Unfortunately for me, Midol only seems to help with one of the three. I may have control over Aunt Flow but Mother Nature isn't quite as easy to manipulate and school is a whole other post in itself.

To keep my spirits up today, I purchased a little book I came across at the campus bookstore called My Future Listography - All I Hope to Do in Lists. I'm a huge list person; grocery lists, to do lists, lists of things I’ve already completed combined with the to do lists. This book was perfect for me on a day like today. It's filled with cute illustrations and blank pages with titles like:
- Things you'd love to be knowledgeable about
- Spiritual places to visit and practices to try
- What you'd like to do for future birthdays
- Festivals and parades you'd love to attend

I have yet to start filling it out but I did read most of the pages and I’m really excited to start! It feeds my motivation to graduate, travel and explore!

Along with the purchase of my cute new journal, I went to lunch, watched Clueless and napped for longer than I probably should have. I'm currently parked on my couch watching Keeping up with the Kardashians with my study notes for my final exams by my side. The episode is almost over so perhaps it's time for me to wrap up this post.

A serious case of the Mondays actually turned out to be a half decent afternoon/evening to myself!

:)

2 comments:

  1. You are truly getting the hang of this "blog" thing - you made me actually laugh out loud! say hi to Aunt Flo or better yet - don't!!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha L-R.. you are too cute. I hate when Aunt flo comes to visit, she's such a pain. Love love!

    ReplyDelete